University of Florida Levin College of Law
University of Florida
B.A., 2000, with honors
University of Florida
B.A., 2000, with honors
United States District Courts
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- District of Colorado
- Western District of Michigan
- Western District of New York
- Western District of Wisconsin
- Southern District of Indiana
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Eastern District of Texas
United States Circuit Courts of Appeals
- Sixth Circuit
James L. Davidson
James L. Davidson is a founding partner of Greenwald Davidson Radbil PLLC.
Mr. Davidson was recently appointed class counsel in:
- James v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., 2017 WL 2472499 (M.D. Fla. June 5, 2017) ($3.75 million class action settlement under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act);
- Macy v. GC Services Limited Partnership, 2017 WL 489420 (W.D. Ky. Feb. 6, 2017) (certifying class action under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act);
- McCurdy v. Professional Credit Service, 2016 WL 5853721 (D. Or. Oct. 3, 2016) (certifying class action under the FDCPA);
- Gonzalez v. Germaine Law Office PLC, 2016 WL 5844605 (D. Ariz. Oct. 3, 2016) (class action settlement under the FDCPA);
- Johnson v. Navient Solutions, Inc., 315 F.R.D. 501 (S.D. Ind. 2016) (certifying class action under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act);
- Kemper v. Andreu, Palma & Andreu, PL, 2016 WL 3545935 (S.D. Fla. June 23, 2016) (class action settlement under the FDCPA);
- Roundtree v. Bush Ross, P.A., 2016 WL 360721 (M.D. Fla. Jan. 28, 2016) (class action settlement under the FDCPA); 304 F.R.D. 644 (M.D. Fla. 2015) (certifying three classes of Florida consumers harmed by alleged violations of the FDCPA);
- Prater v. Medicredit, Inc. and The Outsource Group, Inc., 2015 WL 8331602 (E.D. Mo. Dec. 7, 2015) ($6.75 million class action settlement under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act);
- Gonzalez v. Dynamic Recovery Solutions, LLC, 2015 WL 738329 (S.D. Fla. Feb. 23, 2015) (class action settlement under the FDCPA);
- Esposito v. Deatrick & Spies, P.S.C., 2015 WL 390392 (N.D.N.Y. Jan. 28, 2015) (class action settlement under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act);
- Green v. Dressman Benzinger Lavelle, PSC, 2015 WL 223764 (S.D. Ohio Jan. 15, 2015) (class action settlement under the FDCPA);
- Ritchie v. Van Ru Credit Corp., 2014 WL 3955268 (D. Ariz. Aug. 13, 2014) ($2.3 million class action settlement under the TCPA).
During the past few years, several of Mr. Davidson's cases have received regional and national press coverage. To that end, Mr. Davidson has been quoted by The New York Times, Reuters, Forbes, and the Sun-Sentinel, among other publications.
Prior to founding the firm, Mr. Davidson was a litigator at Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP, the nation's largest plaintiffs' class action firm. At Robbins Geller, Mr. Davidson's practice focused on complex class actions, including securities fraud litigation, consumer fraud, representing investors in class actions involving mergers and acquisitions, and prosecuting derivative lawsuits on behalf of public corporations.
While at Robbins Geller, Mr. Davidson was a member of the litigation team that served as lead counsel in, and was responsible for, the successful prosecution of numerous securities and consumer class actions, including: Local 731 I.B. of T. Excavators and Pavers Pension Trust Fund et al. v. Swanson et al. ($25 million settlement); In re Pet Food Products Liability Litigation ($24 million settlement); In re Mannatech, Inc. Securities Litigation ($11.5 million settlement); In re Webloyalty, Inc. Mktg. and Sales Practices Litigation ($10 million settlement); and In re Navisite Migration Litigation ($2 million settlement). Mr. Davidson was also a member of the litigation team that served as lead counsel, and was responsible for, the successful prosecution of numerous class actions on behalf of shareholders damaged by mergers and acquisitions, including: Charter Township of Clinton Police and Fire Retirement System, et al. v. OSI Restaurant Partners, Inc., et al. ($30 million additional consideration for shareholders, additional disclosures, termination fee reduction); Wayne County Employees’ Retirement System v. Radiation Therapy Services, et al. (additional disclosures); In re Florida East Coast Industries, Inc. Shareholder Litigation (additional disclosures); International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 98, et al. v. Innkeepers USA Trust, et al. (additional disclosures).
Mr. Davidson earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History with Honors from the University of Florida in May of 2000. Following graduation, Mr. Davidson served as a legislative intern for the Washington, D.C. office of Congressman Robert Wexler and the Washington, D.C. office of Senator Bill Nelson. In December of 2003, Mr. Davidson earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
Mr. Davidson can be reached by email at email@example.com.