EDUCATIONUniversity of Florida Levin College of Law
University of Western Ontario
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Alexander D. Kruzyk
Alexander D. Kruzyk is an associate in the Austin office of Greenwald Davidson Radbil PLLC.Mr. Kruzyk's practice focuses on the prosecution of consumer protection class actions.
Prior to joining Greenwald Davidson Radbil PLLC, Mr. Kruzyk was a litigator with Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP, the nation’s largest plaintiffs’ class action firm, where his practice focused on complex class actions, including consumer protection, merger & acquisition, and professional sports litigation. While at Robbins Geller, Mr. Kruzyk worked on a variety of matters, including:
- In re Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” Mktg., Sales Practices, & Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2672 CRB (JSC) (N.D. Cal.): Approximately $17 billion settlement achieved on behalf of owners of Volkswagen’s so-called “Clean Diesel” vehicles that were secretly equipped with devices that enabled the vehicles to generate emissions in excess of EPA limits.
- In re AuthenTec, Inc. S’holder Litig., No. 05-2012-CA-57589 (Fla. 18th Cir. Ct.): $10 million settlement achieved on behalf of the former shareholders of AuthenTec following a buyout by Apple, which incorporated AuthenTec’s fingerprint technology into the Apple iPhone.
- In re NHL Players’ Concussion Injury Litig., MDL No. 14-2551 (SRN/JSM) (D. Minn.): Represented retired NHL players in claims against the NHL for injuries related to repetitive head trauma and the lack of warnings about the long-term risks of such head trauma.
Mr. Kruzyk earned his Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies from the University of Western Ontario in 2011. Mr. Kruzyk then earned his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2014. While attending law school, Mr. Kruzyk was a member of the Florida Moot Court Team, competing in both the National Moot Court Competition and the Ruby R. Vale Corporate Moot Court Competition. Mr. Kruzyk also served as an Executive Research Editor for the Journal of Law and Public Policy, and was a Teaching Assistant for Professor Henry Wihnyk. In addition, he received the Book Award for Corporate Finance & Finance Decision Making.
Mr. Kruzyk can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.