Notice issued in certified class action against National Collection Systems, Inc. regarding improper debt collection practicesJune 30, 2017
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLORADO
Civil Action No: 15-cv-02049-REB-STV
AISLAND RHODES, on behalf of herself and all others similarly situated,
NATIONAL COLLECTION SYSTEMS, INC.,
NOTICE OF PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION
A Federal Court authorized this Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer, and you are not being sued.
IF NATIONAL COLLECTION SYSTEMS, INC. LEFT A VOICE MESSAGE FOR YOU BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 17, 2014 AND SEPTEMBER 17, 2015, A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS.
- A consumer sued National Collection Systems, Inc., also known as National Credit Management, alleging that the company leaves voice messages for consumers that do not disclose National Collection System, Inc.’s name or that it is a debt collector, in violation of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- The Court certified a class of Colorado consumers from whom National Collection Systems, Inc. attempted to collect a debt, between September 17, 2014 and September 17, 2015, and for whom National Collection Systems, Inc. left a voice message that did not disclose its name or that it is a debt collector. The class is defined in response to Question 10, below.
- The Court has entered judgment in favor of the plaintiff, and against National Collection Systems, Inc. However, there is no money available now because there has not been a trial to determine damages yet. Regardless, your legal rights are affected, and you have a choice to make now:
|Your Legal Rights and Options In This Lawsuit|
|Submit a claim form||Participate in this lawsuit. Give up certain rights in exchange for the possibility of receiving money.
If you choose to participate as a class member, you keep the possibility of getting money or benefits that may come from this case. But you give up any rights to sue National Collection Systems, Inc. by way of a separate lawsuit over the same legal claims underlying this lawsuit.
|Ask to Be Excluded||Get out of this lawsuit. Get no benefits from it. Keep certain rights.
If you ask to be excluded from this lawsuit and money or benefits are later awarded, you will not share in those monies or benefits. But you keep any rights to sue National Collection Systems, Inc. by way of a separate lawsuit alleging the same legal claims underlying this lawsuit.
|Do Nothing||If you do nothing, you will still be included in the class, but you will not receive any benefits from this case.|
- Your options are explained in this Notice. To ask to be excluded, you must act before August 21, 2017.
- Lawyers must prove the amount of damages, if any, to be recovered against National Collection Systems, Inc. If you choose to participate in this lawsuit and money or benefits are obtained as a result, you will receive the same share as every class member receives.
For more information, please visit www.RhodesFDCPAaction.com